Only two short years ago Microsoft and Mojang teamed up and plotted their way to total gaming domination. The numbers are staggering. People love Minecraft.
I Love Minecraft.
I need to play more Minecraft.
With over 106,859,714 copies of Minecraft sold Microsoft put together some facts you probably didn’t know about Minecraft.
Never in a million years would I think something with such a simple premise and look could become so popular.
Here’s a look at some of the highlights from the infographic below:
· There have been over 100 million copies of Minecraft sold to-date – 106,859,714 to be exact! If each person that bought a copy formed a nation, it would be the 12th most populous in the world, behind Russia, Japan and Mexico.
· More people are playing Minecraft now than ever before – every month there are an average of 40+ million unique Minecraft players across all platforms.
· Since the beginning of 2016, Minecraft has averaged over 53,000 copies sold every day. That works out to around four copies sold in the time it took you to read that last sentence.
· Players of Minecraft come from every country and territory on the planet. There have even been four copies sold to folks in Antarctica.
· People of all ages and genders enjoy Minecraft across 14 different platforms. The average age is 29 years old and nearly 40% of our players are female.