Well, I know how I’m going spend New Years Day. Building this massive new sexy LEGO set!
LEGO Creator Expert 10260 Downtown Diner is coming January 1st, 2018 and my god does it ever look good. It’s 2,480 plastic pieces that combine to form three floors of 1950s-style entertainment. Look at those neon pink and green bricks!
My house is already full of LEGO but I’m sure I can find room for one more kick-ass set.
The $219.99 CDN Downtown Diner packs a whole lot of stuff into a nine-by-nine-inch square. It all starts on the ground floor, home of the titular eating establishment.
This diner feels like a great place to pop on a Chuck Berry record and order yourself a chocolate milkshake. Let Frank with the very long sideburns know that you can’t decide between the waffles or pancakes and he will make you a combination of them both.
Above the diner is a gym, because how else are you going stay trim while drinking milkshakes all day?! It’s complete with a boxing ring, punching bag, weights, and a burly looking mustached dude.
Finally at the top of the building is a recording studio, where if you listen closely you just might hear the ghost of Buddy Holly strumming his guitar.
This building clocks in at 13 inches tall and perhaps gives us some insight into where LEGO is going next year. Could a roller rink be next? I’d love to see some more 50’s themed sets, that’s for sure.
Here are the official stats:
- Includes 6 minifigures: a chef, waitress, boxer, rock star, manager and a bodybuilder.
- The 3-level Downtown Diner comes with an array of brick-built details, including a detailed facade with pink-and-teal Streamline Moderne styling and a large ‘DINER’ sign, external staircase, arched windows, drainpipe, balconies, decorative roofline, opening skylight and a rooftop terrace, plus a detailed sidewalk with a mailbox, parking meter, flowerpots and an ornate streetlamp. This set also includes a pink 1950s-style convertible.
- Ground level features 1950s downtown American diner styling with a large curved front window, red barstool, benches, jukebox, candy machine, counter, 2 soda dispensers, and a kitchen with a coffee machine, stove and a cooker hood.
- Mid-level features a gym with a boxing ring, punching bag, weight training room, water dispenser and a wall clock.
- Upper level features a recording studio complete with vocal booth, soundproofed walls, mixing desk and a refreshments cabinet.
- Take a ride in the stylish convertible and head for a diner where fast food and music are on the menu.
- Help the chef prepare the fastest food in town while the roller-skating waitress lines up the orders.
- Drop in at the gym for a couple of rounds in the boxing ring or a good workout on the punching bag.
- Open the skylight and eavesdrop on the making of a hit album.
- Accessory elements include roller skates, guitar, golden record award and a buildable barbell.
- Remove the building sections to access the detailed interior.
- This set includes over 2,480 pieces and is suitable for ages 16+.
- New-for-January-2018 decorated elements include a decorated door, album cover, lots of teal-colored and pink-colored elements, and a dual-face minifigure with singing and smiling expressions.
- Special elements include new-for-January-2018 flower stalks and flower heads, plus 1×3 ‘jumper’ plates, 2×2 plate with 2 studs and a minifigure torso with boxing gloves.
- Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO® Creator Expert Modular Buildings series 10243 Parisian Restaurant, 10246 Detective’s Office, 10251 Brick Bank and 10255 Assembly Square.
- Measures over 13” (34cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep.