We’re less than 24 hours away from Cuphead releasing! The long-awaited game will be available at 9 AM EST worldwide! I can’t wait for more people to get their hands on it.
I’m by no means a Cuphead expert. I get wrecked constantly but these are a few handy tips and tricks that will help you on your adventure to repay the devil. I’ll be adding to this list as I get deeper in the game but for now, this should help you clear the first world.
- Condition yourself on the platforming levels first to get Gold Coins.
- The Gold Coins can be used for the most important power-up from Pork Rind the shopkeeper. An extra heart! It slightly lowers your attack power but having that extra heart is extremely useful.
- Speaking of coins. Don’t be afraid to use them. Gotta spend them to get the good stuff later in the game anyways.
- Always Hold X. For my first through runs I was smashing X. Just hold it down. It makes it easier.
- Change the Button Layout. I opted to move the dash from the Y button to the right bumper. I found it worked much better in my hands.
- Patience. Take a breather. Assess the situation and attack.
- Don’t stay in one place! Always be moving.
I’ll go more in depth next week once I have more time to play the game.
Good luck out there. Cuphead isn’t an easy game but damn is it ever rewarding!