Two weeks ago I sat down with the Game Moose Podcast boys to chat all things 2017. If you haven’t listened check it out here. Four out of five doctors will tell you that a little Brock in your ear never hurt nobody.
So what did we talk about? Well, I made some bold predictions for 2017. If you don’t want to listen, I’ll forgive you and write them out below, I’ve also included a few bonus thoughts. Let me know what you think. Am I a raving lunatic or right on the money?
1. A new Elder Scrolls game will be announced at E3. Yes. A 6th Elder Scrolls is around the corner. If I took it one step further I bet it could be here by end of the year, but that might a little too soon.
2. A new Splinter Cell will also be announced at E3 with Michael Ironside returning to voice the character. Xbox Exclusive maybe? With the movie still in development it makes sense. Here’s hoping the series returns to the glory days of the “Chaos Theory” era.
3. Cuphead will finally come out. I will have a little cry at my desk when it arrives and then not sleep for the next week while I try and beat the game. I’ll also break 2-3 controllers during the course of my playthrough.
4. It will still be almost impossible to get a Nintendo NES Mini come Holiday season 2017. The sales team will say,”Why not buy a Switch instead?“Rumors of a SNES mini version will start to come out around December only to fade away like fireworks on New Years Eve.
5. Sorry Playstation VR users but you’ve been forgotten. Let’s be honest, there was probably more dust on your PSVR headset than there is in all of Resident Evil 7. The future looks bleak for the crazy overpriced perpherial with no real big titles on the horizon.
6. Destiny 2 will be revealed but not released. This one you can bet your bottom dollar on. If it comes out this Fall a lot of people will be happy but my guess is to prepare yourself for a Spring 2018 launch.
7. The first trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 will be revealed. We will then wait till 2021 to get our hands on it. Speaking of 2021….
8. Kingdom Hearts 3 will also come out the same year.
9. And finally, Red Dead Redemption 2 will be the best-selling game of the year hands down.
See you next year to see just how right and wrong I am.